SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 18.05.2011, 20:20   #11
minimessi7
Legend

I mean for epic items, there are still some higher tier players who haven't got a full set of epics and would definitely outbid the lower players for these items.
Old 18.05.2011, 21:00   #12
patrick88

i guess that would be the chance you take, mm - there's always the option just to dump an epic and lose out on what you paid - it may well go to a rival, although i'd have a feeling it would only be of use to a player at a lower level - but you would also potentially gain cash or stars which can then go towards improving your own stats

as i say, the other option is just to take the loss anyway

Old 18.05.2011, 23:18   #13
Ze Bertinho
International Player

You would end up with a market flooded with epics that no-one earned, though.

Would mock those of us who waited forever for them.

It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

If Division 2 were "British Javelin Throwers Through History", we'd be Mick Hill**.

STOP PRESS: MICK HILL** WINS GOLD!!!

JOIN OUR CLUB - let us turn our Mick-like consistency and competitive nature into Steve Backley-like medals.

**Look him up. We'll still be here when you get back
Old 19.05.2011, 10:36   #14
patrick88

the game is full of epics that no-one 'earned' - whether they turn up for free in the jobs or appear in the shop

in effect, what you'd be introducing is another version of the shop with a little more focus on items people might actually want to invest in

i can't see how it would mock anyone when anyone would be able to bid on a selling board item

Old 20.05.2011, 02:03   #15
Ze Bertinho
International Player

I doubt anyone ever getting one, day one, refresh one, Patrick. In those terms, you work your way through the game and earn it on those terms, even if the "earning" relates solely to experience and gameplay.

I'd say it mocks that waiting and graft - essentially the effort - rather than the individual.

If Division 2 were "British Javelin Throwers Through History", we'd be Mick Hill**.

JOIN OUR CLUB - let us turn our Mick-like consistency and competitive nature into Steve Backley-like medals.

Old 20.05.2011, 16:23   #16
patrick88

i think i can kind of see your point, ze be - although a selling board would be open to all players so anyone who's been with the game for a while would still be able to take advantage of the scheme

would it really punish those who have already put the work in? if the items are depreciated, those who have put the work in would still be in line to pick up better epics via existing means

i would say that there is a large amount of luck whether epics will turn up - i've turned up roughly 12-15 myself (some bought, some ignored) while other players at the same level fame have still not come across any - there's no guaranteed correlation between working on your fame level and scoring the epics

perhaps there should be some calculation as to who can bid on items based on the general stats of the item?

Old 20.05.2011, 23:30   #17
Ze Bertinho
International Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
perhaps there should be some calculation as to who can bid on items based on the general stats of the item?
Part-ex? That's a reasonable solution, thinking on it - if you're say, 70% of the way there with the item you can part-ex for it, there's less of a differential in terms of how you might expect to get one "organically".

"You do not meet the exchange requirement level to bid on this item" - yes, that'd work.

Old 27.05.2011, 13:58   #18
John_Knee

The solution is to have a team kit bag of whom players in the squad can access - like your own personal locker on the profile page, but will be found in the team page. Players can dump whatever items they want into there, up to the (say) 10 item limit and borrow whatever hasn't been taken out yet. The kit bag will state who has what item on loan so everyone knows who to nag if they want an item.

If a player has a bit of kit then leaves, as part of the "Leave club" button, the game references your kit with the club kitbag and automatically removes any that the player has equiped. This will prevent people joining, raiding the kitbag and then exiting. The game will prevent the player from putting any loaned item being placed in a player's personal locker.

In terms of getting rid of out of date items in the kitbag, the team captain (only) has an option to sell it back to the shop, with any money made to be placed into the team's donation stash.
Old 27.05.2011, 16:40   #19
TheTank
Captain

The idea is good, but it makes the top teams stronger, someone in my team might be willing to pay 100s of pounds into the game, buy loads of epics and just pass them around the team. It sort of becomes "who has the most money to spend wins". At the moment it is abit like the more money the better but it is limited to only one person spending their money on their own account. One person does not make a team at the moment, but some of your ideas could lead to the "one man team".
Old 27.05.2011, 17:09   #20
patrick88

i take it your reply was aimed at the post immediately above, tank - fair comment too

the thing i like about the selling board idea is that the item would be out of a player's hands as soon as it's out there for sale - there'd be no controlling whether it went to someone you didn't want it to etc - for instance, without opening up a can of worms, you might not want it to go to a team 2 divisions down if you had an academy club up against them otherwise

we'd all come across items we think would be tailor made for a team mate but half the appeal of a selling board is that it wouldn't enable players to benefit their own team

Tags
buy, epic, items, sell, trade