SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 18.05.2011, 18:39   #1
matty2465
Substitute

Default Wasted epic items

Having played this game since February, i recently became aquainted with the Epic item. Like many others, i then went on to spent several stars searching for more. After a while i was in a position to replace one epic item with a better one. But throwing the old one away seemed such a shame, especially after spending the stars and the cash on it.

How about a selling board where you can trade your old clothing items for stars and cash? doesn't have to be limited to epics, alot of items cost 10 stars, so why not throw it open to the other clothing items?

Obviously, this would be open to abuse, so why not put a resale value on the items which decreases with every time it is sold? and/or reduce the % benefits that the item gives.

I'm sure there will be opinions on this, but i think something like this will give some of the newer players the opportunity get a taste of what to look forward to in the higher leagues.

Your thoughts?
Old 18.05.2011, 18:45   #2
patrick88

liking the idea of a 'degradable' item so that it would be of less value with each sale

that way, each sold item (and we're mainly going to talking about epics here) would be of a level that wouldn't be much aid to a direct competitor but a player who is at a lower level - would help to keep the interest of lower skilled latecomers to the game too

Old 18.05.2011, 18:47   #3
minimessi7
Legend

Can't you already sell your clothes? Or are you talking about something else. Unfortunately stars are unlikely to be returned to you for selling clothes as the game needs to make as much money as possible from people buying stars.
Old 18.05.2011, 18:54   #4
patrick88

i think matty's talking about setting up a selling board which would be designed for selling off items to other players, presumably the highest bidder etc

kind of like a soccerstars ebay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 18.05.2011, 18:56   #5
minimessi7
Legend

In that case, great idea!!!! Sell me your epic Another option would be to give it to your team-mates, I've lost count of the amount of items I get which would be beneficial to our goalkeeper.
Old 18.05.2011, 20:06   #6
matty2465
Substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimessi7 View Post
In that case, great idea!!!! Sell me your epic Another option would be to give it to your team-mates, I've lost count of the amount of items I get which would be beneficial to our goalkeeper.
I think being able to give an item to another player would be open to abuse, for instance, the team could pitch in and completely tool a player up with top items and fire them right to the top of the list with absolutely no effort or cost to that player. i think that a sales board or auction system would keep the whole thing fair and unbiased.

Dont get me wrong, i've seen members of the team i play for struggling to find epic items while i have had a locker chock full of items that would be perfect for them, only to have to throw them away when i need to replace them, it is a shame.
Old 18.05.2011, 20:06   #7
patrick88

that would be the other option, mm - might be more in the spirit of the game not to be able to choose tho - highest bidder only for me

besides, assuming your team are all roughly the same sort of level, a degraded item/epic wouldn't be so good for your team-mates

Old 18.05.2011, 20:10   #8
matty2465
Substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
that would be the other option, mm - might be more in the spirit of the game not to be able to choose tho - highest bidder only for me

besides, assuming your team are all roughly the same sort of level, a degraded item/epic wouldn't be so good for your team-mates
Quite right, it would, however, be of great benefit to a player in a lower league for example, therefore more competition coming up through the ranks!
Old 18.05.2011, 20:14   #9
minimessi7
Legend

Some would rather sell it to a shop and not strengthen rivals. The players in higher leagues will have much more money than lower league players and so this could be used to strengthen first league players even more. An option that means only a lower league club can buy the item could make this idea better.
Old 18.05.2011, 20:19   #10
matty2465
Substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimessi7 View Post
Some would rather sell it to a shop and not strengthen rivals. The players in higher leagues will have much more money than lower league players and so this could be used to strengthen first league players even more. An option that means only a lower league club can buy the item could make this idea better.
but with depleted qualities with resale, players of a higher calibre will have no interest in such items.

Tags
buy, epic, items, sell, trade