SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 15.01.2021, 19:21   #41
Leander
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastday View Post
Leander, if possible, it would be interesting if Playa Games put a backup of the game or something like that on archive.org to immortalize the game on the internet.

Have you thought about doing that?
The game does not work without the server.

SoccerStar Community Manager
[email protected]
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Old 19.01.2021, 21:13   #42
RaJah

A friend of mine discovered a game called Kickerstar and started his own team with just him and 10 dummy players. A few days later I hopped on and started as well on German s4. That was in 2011, ten years ago.
Later that year we became founding members of the s6 team Nachtschicht and started playing 300 endurance for the first time. I remember it like it was yesterday when we won our first championship: I was in my car on the way to a friend. At 19:59 I pulled over and called my friend for the deciding game. He did live play-by-play as we beat Holzbein Kiel 2:1 and became champions for the first time.
I quit the game for a few years but came back, and just this morning, thanks to Jeffo still being able to log in, we won our 76th championship in 201 complete seasons.
NACHTSCHICHT, baby

In 2019 I was asked to play on international w4 and also played on w5 and w6, which was a lot of fun. And a lot of turmoil as well. On w5 I played as The Hulk, best goalkeeper of the server who couldn't make a save against anybody. Well, he did make a few saves that won us the title in several seasons but it was quite frustrating to train my little heart out, only for midfielders with 15k less to score a goal.
But nonetheless it was a great experience, especially seeing our team almost fall completely apart, only for captain Jeffo to recruit new players and come back to win the title the very next season. We were a great team that went through thick and thin together.

w6 was also great fun, what with so many teams battling it out for the championship and lots of work having to be put into tactics and strategies. It was always close and always interesting until the very end.
One season the unthinkable happened: My teams on all 5 servers managed to win the title, no small feat considering the competition on four of those five.

I want to say thank you to everybody who played this fun little game, nonsensical and frustrating as it sometimes was. In comparison to S&F it was definitely a niche game and a lot more could have been done with it. I'm still waiting for that big update that was promised in 2012.

Guys, girls, you were all wonderful in your own way, and I want to wish you all the best for the future. I'm happy that some of us are now playing S&F together and can continue to keep the Soccerstar spirit alive there.

From the bottom of my heart I wish everybody a wonderful time.
Thank you for playing the game and keeping me company all these years while I did my own Night Shift.
You are all great.

So long and thanks for the memories.
Lots of Love and Light

Lars B.

Last edited by RaJah; 19.01.2021 at 22:58.
RaJah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RaJah For This Useful Post:
Old 20.01.2021, 02:30   #43
thibinho
Academy Player

Cool

Goodbye people!!

It was nice while it lasted! And it was a pleasure to be part of this community and to get to know some of you better! Good luck in everything! :heart:

T.R.
thibinho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thibinho For This Useful Post: